Friday, October 16, 2009

A Very Birthday Weekend.

Well, my last year in my twenties has finally arrived...

The celebration started on Thursday with the annual trip to Jalisco's with my college girlfriends. This year proved to be the best yet when my dear friend Ali suggested I open her card right after her arrival. Low and behold, the card was signed by Ali, Brett, Lucy (their dog) and Baby Schlameus. This was her way of telling me she was pregnant! I was so shocked (although I had a hunch) and so happy for her and her husband, Brett. I asked if the others knew and she told me, "No, but you're about to tell them. Read the card out loud!" What a fun birthday surprise and certainly something I will always remember.

The festivities continued on Friday when Brad took me to El Gaucho for dinner. It was my first visit to El Gaucho and it did not disappoint. We feasted on delicious food and wine and reflected on all of the changes that have taken place over the last year of our lives. What a wonderful year it has been. I am so happy to have such a wonderful husband to spend all of the coming years with.

Saturday brought more celebration, this time with the family. When asked what type of cake I wanted I said angel food as usual but volunteered to make it myself, from scratch! I recently began using my Kitchen-Aid stand mixer and have fallen in love with it. The cake was somewhat of an adventure but turned out okay. Next time around I will "fold in the flour" a bit more carefully but for a first try, it wasn't too bad. As usual, my family cracked me up. Love spending time with the fam!

We rounded out the birthday weekend with the Seahawks game on Sunday. While a bit colder then the last game I attended, it was still great weather. That can't last too much longer... We took the bus down and tailgated with friends pre-game then headed in to witness another Seahawks win. The day wouldn't be complete without visiting Jenn and Rog upstairs as they worked their butts off to support Gracie and her gymnastics career. The whole store is gymnastics parents, dedication!

Thank you to everyone for your wonderful birthday wishes. Here's hoping that 29 brings as many blessings as 28 did.

Brooke and I enjoying our "specials" before the other girls arrived.
From Birthdays
The sombrero. A classic.
From Birthdays
Ali, me and Baby S!
From Birthdays
Hard to get us all in. See me in the way back!?
From Birthdays
Enjoying a birthday dinner at El Gaucho.
From Birthdays
The cake!
From Birthdays
The Kitchen-Aid. LOVE IT!
From Birthdays
Milo standing guard while the cake cools.
From Birthdays
I am fully aware that there are not 29 candles on that cake. Why start a fire?
From Birthdays
Auntie Kimmy and Grace.
From Birthdays
Uncle Brad and Grace.
From Birthdays
Seahawks Sunday!
From Birthdays
Best buds, Brad and Brian.
From Birthdays
Just plain excited to be at the game.
From Birthdays
Seat Mates!
From Birthdays
Working hard for their baby girl.
From Birthdays

1 comment:

  1. Love the mixer in the orange and what a fabulous bday weekend it looks like you had! Was so special to share the news at your bday - thanks for letting me steal the spotlight for a minute! :)

    ReplyDelete