Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Whirlwind Trip to Spokane

Thirty hours in total. Beginning to end. Seattle to Spokane. Spokane to Seattle. Why? To celebrate the marriage of my friend Carisa to her main squeeze, Dana. The bride looked beautiful, the ceremony was sweet (think bride attempting to give her groom a mid-ceremony smooch and him politely telling her she needed to wait until the big finale for a kiss), and the reception full of dancing and drinking. It was a Kappa Delta wedding ya know...

I was lucky enough to snag a ride from Brett and Ali since my hubs was unable to attend the festivities. Ali and I managed to talk the entire way to Spokane and the entire way back. That is officially 9 hours of talking and we didn't run out of things to talk about once. Poor Brett. I ended up being offered the front seat on the way home so he could nap in the back while we blabbed.

While a quick trip, it was still a great time and I even got to see my bff Jaymee Sire as an added bonus. Brad was missed and we made sure to let him know. He received text messages from FOUR different people at the wedding (not couting me) over the course of the evening. At least I know my friends like him!

We still think "icing" people is funny. It has yet to get old with this group.

Jake putting his arm around "Brad." Due to a miscommunication, a place was set for Brad. We made sure to recognize his absence throughout the evening. Some even enjoyed his dinner for him.

All the single ladies!

Tablemates, Jake and Brooke.

Kelly, Todd and Baby Benzel (due this fall!)

Carpoolers, Ali and Brett.

KD pic (you can't see it but we all have red finger nails for the occassion.)

No comments:

Post a Comment