
Two weekends in a row now we have strayed from our usual Sunday evening activities (which include a lot of couch sitting, television watching and pizza eating) to spread our wings and try something new. Last Sunday's activity was evening beers at the pub up the street and this Sunday it was playing kickball in the Underdog Sports League. Our friends, Heather and Shaun, invited us to play as subs on their team and when then needed another sub at the last minute, Brooke joined in as well!
The team, which is cleverly titled Fiesta Pantalones (Party Pants), was undefeated...until tonight. I was worried that our presence on the field had something to do with the loss and that we wouldn't be asked back. However, Heather, assured me that the Kertsons weren't the root cause and were welcome back next week. It was fun to play on a team again, there was even a batting line up. I like that Brad is the only one with his last name listed. Apparently the regular lead off batter's name was also Brad but he couldn't come at the last minute.
My opinion might be a bit skewed considering he's my husband but I thought Brad was a pretty good addition to the team! He made some killer plays in the outfield, has quite the foot and is a regular Speedy Gonzales when running the bases. Not to mention, he looked pretty cute doing it all. He claims that we make a good team and I can't argue too much considering a pop-fly bounced out of my hands and right into his for an out. Teamwork at it's finest I suppose.
Thanks for having us out Shaun and Heather (the future Kehrbergs.) See you next Sunday!
We LOVED having you!!! Thanks for playing!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see you guys NEXT week! I was sad to miss the Kertson debut!!
ReplyDelete