Monday, May 24, 2010

Off to the races...

On Saturday we headed out to Emerald Downs to wish our friend Ryan Carlton a happy 30th. Unfortunately the weather wasn't as nice as it was last weekend but Ryan's wife planned ahead and set-up camp in a covered area near the track. It was the perfect viewing spot! This was Brad's first time at the track and he managed to last the whole day without betting a single dollar. I on the other hand put some money down on the ponies. Keep in mind that my idea of betting is putting $2 on a maximum of two horses per race. Obviously I'm not out to win the big bucks. However, I did walk away from one race a winner...a whole $0.40! No, that was not a typo. I really won forty cents. A win is a win is a win.


It was sort of blustery...check out my earring whipping in the wind.


Brad and the birthday boy, Ryan (soon to be a papa) Carlton.


Me with the Emerald Downs mascot. A super zoomed photo courtesy of Brian Kahler.


Typical posing from Brad and Kahler. Note the differences in the photos.


Big better!


Here they come...

No comments:

Post a Comment