Monday, May 24, 2010

Domesitcated. Whudda Thunk It?

While I stayed cooped up in the house and worked to finish my master's projects, Brad put on his work boots (an old pair of tennis shoes) and headed outside. He mowed (it's a push mower by the way), he weeded, and he worked up a sweat. I wandered outside a few different times just to watch him work. Who knew watching someone do yard work could evoke such happiness? For me it was a simple reminder of how happy I am with the life I have. A roof over my head that I can call home, a best friend for a husband and enough sunshine to justify doing a little yard work on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

P.S. Brad did not want me to take these pictures... Apparently he was not experiencing the same euphoria that I was. Probably because he was the one actually doing all the work. Ooops.





1 comment:

  1. This reminds me all too much of when Shaun & I do yard work (i.e. Shaun does yard work, while I watch). I would rather hire someone to do yard work than actually doing it myself. Shaun is my own little home depot worker. :-)

    ReplyDelete